Only 14,2% of the top leadership positions in the S&P 500 today are held by women according to a CNNMoney analysis. This statistic does not change when you look at the worldwide business landscape, varying between 4-22% depending on the country, with few extraordinary exceptions such as Norway, Sweden and Finland. In some parts of the work, countries have taken action to improve these statistics. The European Commission has taken action to help women break the glass ceiling that continues to ban female talent from top positions in Europe’s biggest companies. The Commission has proposed legislation with the aim of attaining a 40% objective of the under-represented sex in non-executive board-member positions in publicly listed companies.
The proposal is in the form of a European Union (EU) directive, meaning that member states can decide how to implement this EU directive, but they must do so. In other parts of the world, no actions have been taken to support women and only an incremental average increase of the number of women on boards of just 0.6 percentage points per year has been recorded since 2003*.
But it is not just about boards. Women in management are underrepresented and face challenges that men do not face. It must be every company’s core objective to prepare women in the organization for new management positions and is also up to women to prepare themselves. Our goal is to prepare women for the next step in their career by providing them with the tools they need in order to break the glass ceiling. Our mission is to promote gender diversity in business
leadership positions and on Boards in today’s world economy.
*source EU commission on directives
Why Leadership Training for Women?
No matter which laws are in place or which success stories we read in women’s magazines, statistics show women are still at a distinct disadvantage. Very few have high-ranking positions, and very few are offered the opportunity to make a difference in their organizations. We believe that as women we need to learn how to better use our strengths in the workplace and not allow the challenges we face to stop us from succeeding. Regardless if you are a woman in Europe aiming for the 2020 goal, or you are a woman in business in another part of the world. Our leadership training programs can support you. Different than other training programs, our programs are designed and taught by successful female executives with international experience.
We can help you reach towards the glass ceiling, cope with the corporate world, learn how to contribute and be recognized and most of all we can help you make a difference. We place great value on not only providing you with trainers and coaches with extensive training, coaching and development experience but also with business experience. We are your partners and would like to help you have a successful career journey.
It’s all about your career!
- Understand how to be a great leader
- Understand your own management style
- Understand the difference between loyalty, respect and friendship in the work environment
- Improve team management and participation skills
- Understand the dynamics in the workplace
- Deal with gender issues in the workplace
- Learn to clarify expectations and give feedback
- Think in business terms
- Understand the steps to success
- Understand the numbers game
- Understand business rules
- Understand business behavior
- Learn how to promote yourself
- Learn how to be more effective as an employee, manager or executive
- Learn more effective communication
- Separate the person from the behavior
- Discover the glass ceiling rules
- Discover how to deal with difficult employees
- Discover how to deal with mobbing and harassment